March 3, 2006

Maybe it's time for a plain old sandwich...

Hmph. Sometimes my job kind of sucks the life out of me. My dishes lately aren't that good to me, even though i'm trying lots of new things.



Ginger pork recipe from my cookbook. Also stir-fried carrots with toasted sesame seeds, rice (spinach and cucumber for garnish), mandarin oranges (in the mini bento), and no-sugar-added rice pudding with cinnamon. Mmm.
The pork came out extremely salty. I think I will use less ginger AND soy sauce next time. A lot of these recipes are painfully salty, and I don't know if that's my own sensitive taste buds or what. But AHHH, salt. :P



Turkey-not-Chicken Dumplings, plain mixed veggies, rice with sesame seeds. Mandarin oranges, and some of those yummy Cadbury mini eggs lurking in next to the main course. >)
Another recipe from the book: Chicken Dumplings. Only these are turkey, because I could not find ground chicken at the supermarket. --; They were kind of okay. Kind of too crisp; maybe I will add more egg and flour next time. And actually use chicken.

No comments: